CEV: Champions League Play-offs
The CEV Champions is getting ready to start back up with the playoff round starting up this week. Twelve mens and 12 womens teams have battled this far for a chance at Europe's greatest prize. There are a few Canadians still in the running for this prize, and here's where and when you can check them out.
In re-match of last year's semi-final, Coach Glenn Hoag will lead an Izmir team that includes Gord Perrin and Adam Simac against the powerhouse of PGE Skra BELCHATOW from Poland. In what could be one of the best matches of the tournament, this one is a must watch.
One of the top Italian teams Cuneo will be facing off against Ljublajana led by Canadian libero Dan Lewis. Ljublana made a run to the Final Four back in 2011 back when Coach Hoag was there, and this top Slovenian club will be looking to do the same once again.
Another big match will feature Trentino Diatec taking on Dinamo Moscow. Although neither team contains any Canadians, Trentino is considered one of the best clubs in the world, having won the past four FIVB World Club Championships, while Moscow is always a contender in a very tough Russian Superleague. Make sure to check out that match as well as all other playoof action going on this week.
- Tuesday January 15th: Dinamo MOSCOW vs. TRENTINO Diatec 9:00 a.m. EST
- Tuesday January 15th: Asseco Resovia RZESZOW vs. Lube Banca Marche MACERATA 12:00 p.m. EST
- Wednesday January 16th: BERLIN Recycling Volleys vs. Zenit Kazan 1:30 p.m. EST
- Wednesday January 16th: Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE vs. NOLIKO MAASEIK 2:30 p.m. EST
- Wednesday January 16th: Azerrail BAKU vs. Lokomotiv BAKU 9:00 a.m. EST
- Wednesday January 16th: Dinamo MOSCOW vs. Dinamo KAZAN 10:30 a.m. EST
- Wednesday January 16th: Atom Trefl SOPOT vs. Vakifbank ISTANBUL 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday January 16th: SCHWERINER SC vs. Unendo Yamamay BUSTO ARSIZIO 1:00 p.m. EST
- Wednesday January 16th: RC CANNES vs. Rabita BAKU 2:30 p.m. EST
- Thursday January 17th: Asystel-Carnaghi VILLA CORTESE vs. Eczacibasi Vitra ISTANBUL 2:30 p.m. EST