In the game of volleyball, a player’s ability to jump high and spike the ball into the opponent’s court is often what separates good players from great ones. But in order to be able to jump high, you need flexibility – which means that stretching before playing can help improve your performance on the court. In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at 7 quick stretches that are easy enough for all levels of players. Give them a try and see how they improve your game!
1. Start with a few minutes of stretching
2. Do some light jogging to get your blood flowing
3. Perform the following stretches for 10-15 seconds each, repeating on both sides as needed
4. Hamstring stretch – lie on your back and pull one leg up to 90 degrees while keeping the other foot flat on the ground
5. Quadriceps stretch – stand upright with one knee bent at about a 45-degree angle and hold onto that thigh until you feel a comfortable stretch in front of you
6. Calf muscle stretch – place one leg in front of you, then lean forward from your hips until you feel tension or discomfort in the calf muscles